Just yesterday, I’ve attended a product launch event from Petron where they introduced 3 products in the High Temperature Protection Line.
It was not exactly an exclusive event, but it was targeted mostly towards car enthusiasts and interested influencers. We were gathered at the City Kart Track in Circuit Mall Makati at around 11am.
After a generous, complimentary lunch, the event started with the unveiling of the first three products of the HTP line.
By the way, these new formulas are designed for cars that experience high amounts of heat during driving. Heat puts stress on the vehicle and can lead to damage if no precautionary measures are put.
Mainly, race cars are the ones that run under high temperatures because of the speed they are going at. But, cars driven in a tropical country like the Philippines (which also happen to be plagued by traffic in mega cities) also get the same stress from heat.
Thus the Petron launch.
The 3 High Temperature Protection Products
- Automatic Transmission Fluid Premium HTP – The first item is for cars with automatic transmission. High heat can result in lazy shifting or damage to the gear box, which is of course very costly to repair. An application of the ATF can prevent this.
- Brake Fluid HTP DOT 4 – It stands for the United States’ Department of Transportation, and 4 stands for the level or max boiling point that this fluid can protect from. If I remember correctly, the DOT 4 is effective up to 260 degrees Celsius.
- Grease HTP Lithium Complex – The Lithium Complex is something that can be applied to the moving parts of the car which adds a protective coating against heat. This pertains to hinges, bolts, etc.
The person to explain the uses of each of the product is no other than James Deakin. For non-car guys like me, he is a big online influencer when it comes to autos and motorsports in the Philippines. He also hosts The Service Road which is an automotive-centric news show in CNN Philippines.
He is an effective speaker, to say the least. I don’t know much about cars, but he’s very easy to understand and the strengths of the Petron HTP line were communicated well with everybody.
Also joining him later at the stage is the charming Janine Guttierez who is Petron’s 2017 calendar girl. I’m sure not a lot of people know this, but Janine is actually also a car enthusiast, a trait that she got from her dad. She was also a regular at the City Kart Racing track in Makati, according to the rep at the registrations desk.
After the Talks
After the talk from these two guest speakers, we were then led to the next part of the event which is the City Kart Race! James conducted the ceremonial first drive, zooming through the track like it was a walk in the park.
A few moments later, he was back at the starting line ending with a flashy 180. Janine was the one waving the checkered flag.
And then, it was our turn!
It was an exhilarating experience for me, especially since it was my first time ever in a race track. I’ll be talking about it in another blog post soon, so stay tuned!
Are you a car enthusiast or a racer? You can give us some insight at the comments below!
Latest posts by Jerem (see all)
- Bloody Crayons Movie Revew: Don’t Judge a Movie by Its Title - July 17, 2017
- Spider-Man Homecoming Movie Review: The Younger the Better? - July 10, 2017
- My Day 2 – I Have No Money Left (I Wish I was Joking) - July 5, 2017